When Magento 2 was released everyone wanted to know about the new version of Magento
So What’s new in Magento 2.0?
- Easy Product discovery
- Powerful search with layered navigation also brings Price, Color, and Category.
- Fast Checkout
- Full page caching
- Now Magento does not fire a query for loading any cms, category, product page load data for /var/page_cache.
Separating databases (Enterprise edition only)
Dived the Magento database in three parts.
- The product, CMS and category information.
- Checkout process.
- Order management.
- Magento 1.x having issues related to tables locking due to this crashes and performance issues for the end user.
Magento 2 Admin Panel
- Admin panel more friendly on different devices.
Product Management Changes
- Importance information in a single tab.
- Select an attribute on product management section also assign as configuration product.
Tax Management Changes
- Import/Export Tax Rate
- Locked User
- Other Setting => Manage Encryption Key
- secure user data by a different encryption key for every user.
- Default robots are set to Index
- Upload logo for transactional emails.
Folder Structure Changes
- Media, CSS, js moved in pub folder Make easier to manage Static content.
- All themes naming convention is app/design/frontend/vendorName/themeName Like module naming convention.
- All module declaration in app/etc/config.php Magento 2 but in magento one have a folder in app/etc/modules/
- Magento one have file app/etc/local.xml but in magento 2 app/etc/env.php.